Monday, June 8, 2009

Melanie's Monday - Cal's Graduation!

It's Melanie, and today I'm going to be talking about...

Cal's Graduation!!!

First, I have to say that the graduation was so beautiful! The entire hall was decorated with beautiful flowers and other plants! And combined with all the graduates wearing their black gowns, it looked truly amazing.

Of course, Cal looked wonderful in his gown. He was even graduating with Honors, so he had a medal around his neck. And when Cal walked out with the other graduates, the applause for his was tremendous. And if you thought that was loud, then you should have heard the applause when his name was called.

Deafening.

But the whole graduation was truly amazing (even with all the beach balls flying around!). And now I'm thinking how weird it is that Cal isn't going to be at my school anymore, but if I think it's weird that he isn't going to be at my school, I can only imagine what he must be thinking about the whole thing. I mean, it must be pretty weird and shocking to think that high school is over and that it's time to be moving on to bigger and better things. Which I know that he'll be amazing at.

Well, that's it for today! I'll see you all next Monday when we talk about Cal's graduation party!

Melanie Ryder is a character that can be found in Alyssa Montgomery's short stories, Where Are You? and 9:53 P.M. (from the Heat of the Moment Anthology).

1 comment:

Legendary Lights said...

Amazing! That seems to be the word for it! I just went to a graduation myself last week, and it, too, was truly amazing! LOL. The principal's speech, which we were dreading, was actually not too bad. We were kinda hoping the streaker from the graduation the night before would return, but no such luck.

There was, however, a number of beach balls and balloons, one in the anatomically correct shape of of a man's, well, you know. Pretty weird.

These graduates were dressed in black for guys and red for girls, which are the school's colors. What a sight! Despite the chilly weather, my family and I really enjoyed the whole event. It's not every day you get to see someone special graduate, with honors, like Cal.