Monday, May 18, 2009

Melanie's Monday - Graduation!

It's Melanie, and I'm baaccckkk!

Okay, so maybe it's not my graduation because I'm only a sophomore. But graduation is still right around the corner - only a few more weeks - and that means that Cal will be graduating!

And I have to say that it's going to be weird. I mean, I'll be going to school next year, and he won't be going with me! Yeah, he's going to be going to the community college so he'll still be here, but it's still going to be weird not driving to school with him, not eating lunch with him...

Then that gets me thinking. I mean, if it's weird for me and I'm not even the one graduating, then what must it feel like for him? Graduation means the time for, essentially, a whole new life. A time when a person leaves his childhood behind and ventures out into the seemingly unknown land of adulthood. And when I think of that, I really begin to wonder how Cal must be feeling.

So, yeah. I'm excited to see him get his diploma in just a few short weeks. And really, when I think about it, it's really just the beginning of another great adventure.

Melanie Ryder is a character that can be found in Alyssa Montgomery's short stories, Where Are You? and 9:53 P.M. (from the Heat of the Moment Anthology).

1 comment:

Pam Ripling said...

I can feel your excitement!