Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Melanie's Monday (Tuesday Edition!) - Prom! (Part 2)

It's Melanie again! Here on a special edition of Melanie's Monday, on Tuesday!, so I can finish telling you all about my amazing time at Prom this weekend!

To read about the first half of my night, read my blog entry from yesterday.

So, continuing on...

After I managed to escape without a single speck of food on me or my dress (though I suppose I was lucky because when I was finished, the napkin I put on my lap wasn't nearly the pearly white color that it had started as), we all left to go dancing on the dance floor. And I definitely have to say that the DJ was amazing! He played just the right amount of fast and slow songs - time to both hang out with friends and time to just be with Cal.

Toward the end of the night, after countless dances and, as cliched as it sounds, many great memories, we all started to pile back into our limo and head for home. It was weird as we drove back home, too, knowing that, even though I wasn't graduating, some of these people were and this might be the last time that we all hung out together.

So after everyone had left, and we had all said goodbye, Cal and I were alone in the limo as it drove to drop me off at my house. We arrived, and he was all gentlemanly and walked me to my front door. And he sealed the perfect night with a perfect kiss.

All in all, I'd say that it was an amazing night (and, as I look back on it and read back on this, a night with quite a few Prom cliches present in it as well). But you know what? I wouldn't change any of it :)

Melanie Ryder is a character that can be found in Alyssa Montgomery's short stories, Where Are You? and 9:53 P.M. (from the Heat of the Moment Anthology).

1 comment:

Legendary Lights said...

The perfect evening. I'm glad to hear that Melanie's expectations did not exceed her experience! I think it would be easy to let one's imagination run away and leave the possibility of disappointment. Sounds like everything was planned well enough not to let anything ruin such a wonderful night!

Pam
http://beaconstreetbooks.com